“The BVTMB is getting real this week about a sometimes taboo, but important topic…S-E-X! Our team is sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly…and maybe the humorous and kinky too… about sex after kids in hopes that some of you can relate.”
Sex After Baby: 8 Reasons My Husband and I Don’t Have Enough Sex
As moms, we all know what having a baby can do to your sex life. After having my first baby, I was still struggling to “get my groove back” 6 months later. And now with 2 more kiddos added to the mix, one of them being a newborn, I can’t say that things have gotten any better. Below is a list of 8 reasons my hubby and I don’t have enough sex….
1. Because I’m tired. All. the. time.
2. Because it may have been more than 5 days since I’ve been able to shower and there is a faint scent of sour milk wafting from my hair.
3. Just as we are getting cozy, the babe decides to cry. Seriously, how does she know??
4. Did I mention I’m tired. All. the. time.
5. We both fell asleep on the couch before 8pm when we promised each other that we would get it on tonight. We can barely make it to our beds most nights.
6. What? My yoga pants and giant t-shirt aren’t turning you on?
7. I’m touched out. Seriously. You try having a baby hanging off your boob what feels like 24-7 and see if you are ready to have someone else feel you up!
8. I’m tired. Did I say that one already?
The only thought that reassures me after reading this list? That it won’t always be like this. Right?? Someone please tell me it won’t always be like this! A few friends with older kids have indeed reassured me that as the kids get older it does get better. Only a few more years to wait…