If you haven’t heard, Handle With Love (a local mama-run business) is hosting our first EPIC event- 80s Adult Prom at ArtsRiot on May 2nd!
It will serve as our main fundraiser for the Handle With Love VT Doula Scholarship Fund, a nonprofit project that provides need-based financial aid to expectant mothers in Vermont to enable them to chose and hire a professional labor support person (doula) for birth.
Here’s why you like totally have to join us:
5) You HEART the 80s. We ALL heart the 80s. The hair, the make-up, the TV shows, the toys, the MEMORIES! Come relive it all for an evening.
4) Hammer Pants. You remember them. One of the many tubular styles born of this awesome decade… along with big shoulder pads, anything neon, fingerless gloves, dudes in spandex, gaudy dresses. Tuxedos are not required for Prom. Find your fav 80s inspiration and glam it to the MAX! You may just win “Most Authentic Attire!”
3) You can get prom right this time around- mostly importantly the right date! This is no small decision. Be it your love mate, best bud, or brother in-law, choose CAREFULLY people. This could very well be the best night of your life (no duh). Or just go ahead and bring your whole righteous party pack.
2) 80s jams! The Bangles, Madonna, Prince, David Bowie, The Clash, The Pointer Sisters, Billy Squier, J. Geils Band, Motley Crue, Michael Jackson, ABBA, The Go-Go’s. Our DJ will be pumping all the greatest retro hits. We will have “the beat.” Get your dancing shoes on. You WILL get Footloose.
1) Beyond having a wicked gnarly good time, you will be supporting a wonderful cause. The Doula Scholarship Fund has provided 10 scholarships already to local growing families to hire doulas. Research shows doulas help make birth a safer, more positive experience. All families deserve access to this care, regardless of income. There will be a RAD raffle giveaway featuring thousands of dollars of donated prizes from generous VT businesses. We kept ticket prices reasonable in hopes all prom-goers will give generously to this effort. Thank you for believing in birth!
NOTE: This is NOT the time to take a chill pill. Grab your tickets!
News, photos, updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/485561648251601/
BVTMB is thrilled to be a sponsor of this event and support this fabulous cause! We hope to see you there!!