Are you a parent with an opinion? Want to share your expertise, passions, and thoughts with a wide audience? Take a chance and apply to write for Vermont Mom!
Being a Vermont Mom Contributing Writer is a volunteer position that will allow you to hone your skill as a writer, learn the ins and outs of blogging, connect with local parents, share your writing on a large platform where it will be read, and meet an amazing group of moms.
NO PRIOR WRITING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
Really. The most important thing we look for in our team members is a passion for communicating and enthusiasm.
Whether you want to write about parenting a teen, or potty training, we want you! We love writers who share their insider knowledge about Vermont and writers who are just learning what they love about this amazing state. If you want to share your favorite date night spots or your tips for raising children after a divorce… Vermont Mom is for you! If you’re interested in supporting and educating parents about specific topics or responding to trending topics in the news… Apply to write for Vermont Mom today.
We are a collaborative voice of motherhood and seek writers of different ages, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, and backgrounds.
What You GIVE as a Vermont Mom Contributing Writer:
1. One original post per month for the first year and a minimum of 4 posts per year in subsequent years.
2. A (minimum) six-month commitment to the team.
3. Availability for meetings and trainings.
4. A good attitude: we are all doing our best. Please try to be reliable, flexible, team-oriented, and kind to each other.
5. Attending and/or supporting our events (when possible.)
What You GET as a Vermont Mom Contributing Writer:
1. Your photo and bio on the Vermont Mom Meet Our Team page (with links to social media, blogs, or business sites if you choose to share them.)
2. Access to the Vermont Mom Contributing Writers’ Facebook group.
3. Opportunity to test products and/or experiences for review as they come in (writers are selected for these opportunities based on their participation and contribution to VT Mom.)
4. Access to information and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, etc.
5. Access to pre-sale tickets to Vermont Mom events. Half-price tickets for (or free tickets if you are volunteering at the event.)
6. A free 150×150 ad on the sidebar of our blog or small business.
7. Editing and writing support.