Here are some of our favorite family happenings this weekend…
Saturday April 18, 2015
Curious About Reading @ South Burlington Community Library
From 9 am to 12 pm meet Curious George, design a book bag, create a musical instrument, sing and dance at Jiggity Jog at 10 am, Baby Charms at 11 am, and much, much more during this morning of family fun at the South Burlington Community Library.
Fairfax Sap Run
5K Sap Run
- 10:00am start time
- kids fun run at 9:00am
- Pancakes for all the participants post race and also available to non participants for $5.
- Long sleeve shirts available for $20 Call 802-849-6111 x20 for more info
Cost: $20 Adults, $10 Seniors(70+), Students and Youth (7-12), $5 six and under, $45 famiies
For More Information: https://vermont.momcollective.com/event/fairfax-sap-run/
Saturday April 18, 2015 to Sunday April 19, 2015
National Parks Fee-Free Day
The US National Parks in Vermont — the Appalachian National Scenic Trail and Marsh-Billings Rockerfeller National Historial Park — are participating in fee-free days, so the fees normally charged for admission are waived.
Fee-free dates for 2015:
- January 19 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- February 14-16 (President’s Day)
- April 18-19 (Opening weekend of National Park Week)
- August 25 (National Park Service Birthday)
- September 26 (National Public Lands Day)
- November 11 (Veterans Day weekend)
Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
For More Information: https://vermont.momcollective.com/event/national-parks-fee-free-day-2/